Sunday, November 13, 2005

I forgot to blog this weekend!

Yesterday I made a couple of changes to the blog template, and then I stopped so I could clean up the porch "garden" and plant the pansies I bought a couple of days before. So now here it is 6 pm on Sunday night, and I just remember that I never typed up an entry! Oops!

My summer "garden" is history. I carted off all the dead plants and some of the containers, transferred the remaining soil to the three larger planters and the one long one, and planted two flats of pansies. I need to go back and get about a dozen more plants--there are some holes I need to fill up, but it looks really nice. I'll post a picture when I get the final plants in.

I also ordered a couple of cute garden flags to liven things up a bit, one for Thanksgiving and one for Christmas. I wanted more, but I restrained myself--I could have bought a dozen. Hopefully they'll be here in time for Thanksgiving. If they're not, oh well, I'm not one to rush Christmas.

I had two more interviews with the same company (as before) this week. I'm supposed to have a phone interview (which may turn into a live interview, who knows), and then maybe they'll have enough information to make a decision. I've given up worrying about it. I had enough to do this weekend that I've barely thought about it.

I finally finished the back of my sweater and have started on the front. WHOOO!!!

This week I must finish drinking the final two bottles of 2004 Beaujolais Nouveau, because Thursday's the day "Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrivé!" I need to make a battle plan to get to the liquor stores that day. I think last year I bought five or six different varieties. My favorite is the Berringer Beaujolais, so that will be first on my shopping list.

One last thing--poor Maggie--early this morning she rolled over and fell out of the bed! I felt so bad for her--she was very embarrassed. I tried to make her feel better by telling her it's happened to all of us, but I don't think it helped much!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home