Monday, October 10, 2005

Yes, I know I've been a bad blogger.

I just haven't had much to say lately. That and the fact that I seem to have no energy at all have both contributed to a lack of insight in the last week or so.

Part of this stems from work issues that I won't go into here. Needless to say, things have gotten to the point that I feel I need to move on. I know it's going to be an uphill struggle to find a new job--who wants to hire an plain, overweight, 48-year-old single woman who has little redeemable social value? Clerical help is a dime a dozen, and why hire someone with 25 years' experience when you can get someone perfectly capable for much less money and have someone young and cute to look at as well?

I've been lucky enough to get my foot in the door for an interview at a local company this week. The position I'm interviewing for is currently held by a friend from my previous place of employment. She was sweet enough to put me in the loop to be considered. I know I probably don't stand a rat's chance of getting the job, but maybe it will motivate me to get started looking. I need to get this done and get out--I don't think I can take much more from this job.

With preparing for interviews in mind, I finally had my hair cut yesterday. It's really short, which I like because it's so easy to care for, and it does look better than having a lot of hair around my face and neck. I even came home and colored it to get rid of all the gray. I'll be generous and say I think it makes me look not only better but a little younger. Sure can't hurt. Now if I can just find something to wear from my rather limited wardrobe, I'll be ready to go. I just need to try not to have a freakout when I walk in the door for the interview.

I am slowing progressing on Sock #2. At this rate, it'll be Christmas before it's finished, but I am getting a little done now and then. My shawl is still sitting in the same place it was three weeks ago. I have just been too brain dead to think about struggling with it. I hope to get back to it a little later when I have a little more energy to knit.

I think Fall's definitely here. The days are getting shorter, and the temps have been much cooler. I actually put another blanket on the bed last week. But we still need rain! My poor plants look horrible--half of them are dead and the other half are almost there. I need to clean up the porch and plant some fall flowers, pansies and mums, but the owners are getting ready to paint the apartments, and I don't want to do anything until they're finished; otherwise, I'll have paint all over my flowers.

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2005 9:13 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Don't worry about it - wherever you interview, you're going to knock 'em dead! You're awesome and you shouldn't ever think otherwise. Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home