Sunday, September 11, 2005

My "Doh!" moment

I'm still struggling with the shawl I've been working on all summer. I was off five days last week and managed to actually finish my vacation farther behind on the shawl than when I had started. I was just about ready to chuck the whole project and get rid of the rest of my laceweight yarn (not that much, mind you, but I'm rather fond of it and would hate to let it go)when I thought about using markers.

Now, I remember when I started this project that Wendy had said that she used markers on her shawls. I also remember her saying that she had to move them a lot because of the way the pattern shifted around, and I remember thinking that this would be a pain in the ass. However, seeing as how I was relatively desperate, I thought I'd try it.

I'd say it was a "Eureka!" moment, but it was really a "DOH!".

It really works! I was able to knit row after row yesterday without any errors. I'm putting the markers on the needles as I knit and then taking them off when I do the purl rows. Voila--no having to move markers around, and I'm actually knitting!!!

I'm embarrased that it took me this long to figure it out.

I'll post a photo at some point--right now I'm having too much fun actually knitting lace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home