Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I made it through my first day

I must be getting old, 'cuz boy, am I tired! This will be short and sweet, because it's already 830 pm and my right eye is giving me fits (allergies or something, I guess).

Today was very nice. I am replacing someone I worked with at my job two jobs ago (job before last), and she's a really good friend, too. Luckily, she's not going anywhere--literally, she's physically staying exactly where she is now, so we will be "bunkmates." Today was basically "getting acquainted day"--being introduced to everyone, and I've already apologized in advance because I'm horrible with names, filling out paperwork, getting computer stuff set up, etc. I have really moved up in the world--I have my own business cards, cell phone, and company credit cards--what a deal! It's kinda scary--I'm going to have lots of really big responsibilities here, many that I've never had before, so I have lots of learning to do. I sat in on a money meeting this afternoon, and I just had to act like I knew what they were talking about--like I said, I have a LOT to learn. But the best part is just that I'm working again with some old friends, and it feels really good. I think I was grinning all day.

And if that isn't great enough, I met someone in one of the departments (I don't remember which one, but I do remember her name) who is a knitter and spinner--I'm so excited!! She's already making plans to introduce me to a bunch of other people--how cool is that?!?!?!

More later when I can think straight . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home