Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Corporate correctness gone TOTALLY awry . . . .

I just read a newsletter from one of our local hospitals.  It is the most grandiose and pompous piece of crap I've ever seen.  The writing is in a style meant to impress people with all the big words they use, not to actually relay any type of useful information. If it wasn't for the pictures, no one would have a clue what the articles were about.
 
But the best part was how the hospital doesn't refer to the people who frequent their services as "patients" or even "clients"--oh no, they're now called "stakeholders."  WTF???  What the hell's the point of this? Let's take the humanity COMPLETELY out of healthcare, why don't we?  That way when you totally bankrupt someone because they had the audacity to get sick and expect medical treatment but they didn't have insurance and you billed them at full price and then turned them over to collections because they could only pay you $25 a month, you can still sleep like a baby at night, because they're "stakeholders," not real flesh-and-blood people with names and faces and homes and families, just some ephemeral thing defined by some stupid, idiotic, totally meaningless term that some monkey in a suit was paid way too much money to think of.
 
I swear to god, I've worked in healthcare for the better part of twenty years, and I've never seen anything so absolutely, insanely stupid in my entire life. I hope the staff at this hospital raises holy hell over this.
 
Oh, this just makes me want to hurt something . . . .

2 Comments:

At July 13, 2005 10:25 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Amen! I urge you to send this post to the Oklahoman's editorial section. Do it! Do it! Do it!!!

 
At July 14, 2005 7:13 PM, Blogger KatyaR said...

Um, remember who I work for? Right now that really wouldn't be a very good move.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home