Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Can someone explain this to me, please?

RANT AHEAD--PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Why do someone think that because they have a cordless phone that it's okay to stand OUTSIDE their apartment (home, whatever), and let the whole world hear their conversations? I do not understand this at all. I sure as hell would not want people to hear some of these conversations if I was involved, that's for sure. I don't want to know about your love life or your parents or your lousy boss and how you're getting shafted at work or how hard you're trying to convince someone to sleep with you, and I'll bet that no one else does either.

There used to be this guy who lived in the building across from me who would stand out on the balcony in front of his apartment or walk around the ENTIRE COMPLEX all hours of day and night talking on the phone! Sometimes he would sit on the curb in the street--why the hell would you do that? I think he wanted everyone to think that he was hot shit because he was always wooing some girl on the phone. (He was a used car salesman and rarely spent the night in his own bed--draw your own conclusions.)

I've had people actually stand right next to my OPEN WINDOW and talk for two hours--in the rain--in Chinese! (I have nothing against Chinese, but seriously, do you know how aggravating it is to be forced to listen to a conversation and not be able to understand a word of it?) He was talking so loud that I couldn't hear the movie I was trying to watch, so I turned up the volume--and he moved closer to the window and talked louder!

Here's my suggestion--if you want privacy, GO STAND IN THE BATHROOM AND LOCK THE DAMN DOOR AND LEAVE ME OUT OF IT!

And believe me, this doesn't just apply at home---I am sick of hearing people talking on the phone in public, period. Today I was in Michael's and I thought I heard someone speak to me. When I turned around to look, there was no one there. It was a woman on her cell phone--TWO AISLES OVER!! Why don't you just scream at the top of your lungs and let the entire store know your work schedule for the next week while you're at it?

AARRGGGHHH!!!

*****

Gratituous Eggplant Blogging:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's about two inches long (no dirty jokes, please).

1 Comments:

At July 09, 2005 9:03 AM, Blogger Missy said...

When the Chinese guy was by your window, you should have put a radio there aimed towards the outside and just blared it. Or walk over there and SLAM it down. Or shout "SHUT THE F UP!" I'm full of ideas here. But you're right - it was completely rude!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home