Friday, January 06, 2006

Four days down, how many to go?

Well, I made it through my first week, and according to those in the know, it was a good time to start--relatively quiet (although there were times when I could hardly hear myself it was so noisy in our little area). I made it through with no trips or bumps, so I'm pretty happy. But boy, am I TIRED! I've been getting up extra early so that I can sit down and have some breakfast and read the news before I get ready for work. That extra hour or so is kicking my butt big time. Hopefully next week it will be a little easier.

Tomorrow's plans have been changed, as the mother of one of my good friends passed away Wednesday night. The funeral is Saturday afternoon in Guthrie. Of course I have to stop at SWAK (truly, I broke one of my Size 0 Brittany dpns), but the main focus of the day will be "family." My friend's mom was another surrogate "mom" when I was growing up. She was a teacher and a lovely woman, truly a genteel Southern "lady." Her husband passed away a little over a year ago, and it was sad to hear that she was gone, too.

After years of funerals, I've somehow lost the ability to cope with everything that goes on when a loved one dies. I'm really dreading this, but I still wouldn't miss it for anything. Having sat in those family pews far too many times, I know how important it is to have friends and family there to say goodbye.

1 Comments:

At January 09, 2006 8:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through your first week. I talked to Suzy and she said it went well. I am sitting right now with my lovely heat pack.

I understand what you are saying about funerals. I dread going and not looking forward to going to any I don't have to. Was going to call you this weekend but Suzy told me about the funeral so I thought maybe another time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home