Sunday, July 09, 2006

Le Tour de Fleece - Days Eight and Nine

Not much spinning yesterday--I wasn't just feeling my best. I think I got about 45 minutes total.

Today I've put in a little over 2 hours and am almost finished with the second bobbin. I've had trouble keeping my spinning consistant all weekend, but it seems to be better today. I believe Monday is a rest day for the real "Le Tour," so I may take tomorow off and see if that helps. When I get this merino/silk finished, I'll probably wait until the weekend to ply it--it's easier to finish it all at once.

As for what's next, I don't have a clue. I've been on a fiber-buying binge since I bought the Lendrum, and I have stuff coming out of my ears. I keep telling myself I need to stop, but somehow I still have boxes showing up on my doorstep. I think I'm compensating for being a little down lately, mostly likely from summer heat, tension at work, and feeling kinda draggy. Example--I mailed my rent check on June 27. Thursday night I came home and found that it had been returned because I had written the wrong address on the
envelope--the right building number but my street number. Panic ensued, but I was able to go down Friday morning first thing and get it paid (with a damn late fee) without any problems.

I swear I need a keeper.

Anyway, I can still buy groceries and pay my bills, so it can't be too bad, right? (Okay, I can pay bills but just not correctly, and maybe I need to check my bank balance . . . .)

I'd say I was going on a fiber diet, but that would just be a big lie, and who wants to lie to their friends?

Tonight I need to work on my second sock, 'cause I'e got to have a sock to take to see Stephanie--going without one would just be wrong.

1 Comments:

At July 10, 2006 3:38 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I'm going to beat you. Seriously. Why are you buying fiber for yourself when I've been asking for ideas for your birthday? Hmmmm?

I got your email this morning. Very pretty stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home