Saturday, October 20, 2007

I am now a certified "Bad Blogger"

This should be obvious, if you look at the date of my last post. I've become totally lazy, and my blogging has suffered--not really, though, since I don't seem to have much to talk about lately. But I'm here now, so let's see, what's new . . . .

The weather is definitely moved into Fall--we are having cooler nights and somewhat cooler days (finally). It looks like the first of next week will bring lows in the 40s and highs in the 50s, which means that the garden will start saying goodbye for this year. It's tried hard to rally these last few weeks--I've had a few tomatoes, and several plants have bloomed again, but I think this will be the start of the last hurrah. At some point I'll have to tear everything out, throw it away, store it away, and then get the pansies and mums planted--hopefully I can start doing some of that this weekend and into next week.

And hold the presses--I actually have plans for a Saturday night! My last place of employment is having a fundraiser in conjuction with another group this weekend. It's an "All City Wine Tasting" and should be a blast. I will get to see some old friends, and I've talked a few people from my current job into going as well, so it should be fun. Best part--a friend of mine has volunteered to be the designated driver, so I can have as much fun as I want (although it won't be as much as the last time, for sure--ugh!).

No news on the fiber front--I have been trying to do other things around the house, although I pretty much hit a wall a few weeks ago. I had some kind of a gut bug for about a week, and when I recovered from that, I just didn't have the desire to start back up again. But I've been piddling--I bought several frames (on sale for 40 and 50% off) for some beautiful winery posters I've had for years. I ordered a cute little two-door buffet from Target.com for my dining room, but the box has been in the back of the truck for weeks now. I need to con someone into coming over and helping me carry it up the stairs. I did get my second bathroom cleaned up--I've been using it as storage for all my garden stuff, but I still need to move much of what's outside back inside, so I'll probably have to reorganize all that. And I have so much else to do, and just no desire to even get started. I hate feeling like this--I have to push myself to get anything done, and it absolutely exhausts me. It's ridiculous.

Oh, and remember the two kitties that have been hanging around my building? The couple who lived downstairs and fed them moved out a week or so ago. I didn't see the kitties for a while, and I thought maybe they had caught them and taken them with them. Unfortunately, that's not the case. One of them has reappeared and yes, you guessed it, it has "adopted" me. Talk about a sucker--I must have it tattooed on my forehead--because I seem to be now taking care of this cat, and I've even named him--Tux, because he's totally black except for a small spot of white on his chest. Actually, he's very sweet (now that I'm feeding and playing with him), and I'm enjoying the kitteh love, but man, I will probably worry my head off when winter comes. He canNOT come in this house--Maggie would eat him alive. He's tried to follow me in the door a couple of times, and I have to be careful or Maggie will see him and bolt right out the door. I had to have a heart-to-heart talk with Maggie about Tux, and she's not happy about it--she can't figure out why I keep taking food out the door. I'm hoping there will be peace, as long as I can keep them away from each other.

Work is crazy--many, many changes happening there, and it's pretty tense these days. The employee I supervise has taken a job in another department, and in the last two weeks I've had to interview several people for the position. I was lucky to find someone very qualified who could start immediately, so that was a positive thing, and while I'm sad to lose my current employee, I'm very happy for her as well--it's a good move for her. I have to tell you that these interviews were very depressing for me. Most of the people I talked to were unemployed and just barely getting by. It just reaffirmed to me how hard life is for many people these days. The economy is just not very good, no matter what the pundits say.

Missy tagged me for this:

FAB FOUR MEME

4 Jobs I’ve Held
CME Coordinator
Word Processor
Executive Assistant
Receptionist

4 Films I Could Watch Over and Over
The Court Jester
All of the Lord of the Rings Movies
The Manchurian Candidate (the original)
White Christmas

4 TV Shows I Watch
Bill Moyers Journal
The Simpsons
Doctor Who
The Red Green Show

4 Places I’ve Lived
Meridian, Oklahoma
Guthrie, Oklahoma
Stillwater, Oklahoma
Edmond, Oklahoma

4 Favorite Foods
Chocolate
Ice Cream
Pizza
Chicken

4 Websites I Visit Everyday
Democratic Underground
Talking Points Memo
Americablog
Crooks and Liars
(I've become a political geek--HELP!!)

4 Favorite Colors
red
sage green
blue
purple

4 Places I Would Love to Be Right Now
Vermont - it's leaf-peaping time
Colorado - same reason
Montreal
lost in the Côte d'Azur, France

4 Names I Love But Would/Could Not Use for my Children
I can't answer this, because I've never thought about it.

By the way, go over to Missy's and wish her a happy birthday on Sunday.

I'll try to be back sooner rather than later . . . .

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At October 23, 2007 12:20 PM, Blogger Missy said...

1) I would be happy to help you carry the cabinet up to your apartment!

2) I wonder if you could keep Tux in a large crate (big enough for a bed plus a small litter box) just to get Maggie used to the idea. Then you could begin to introduce them for small amounts at a time, letting him out while keeping her on a leash. What do you think?

 
At October 28, 2007 11:53 PM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Wow, I was wondering about you! Good to "see" you!

just wanted to stop by and let you know about the second year of the Soaring Eagles Project. I'm not sure if you are up for it, but you might tell others if you can. We still have over 400 hats left over from last year, so we are doing the hats from last year, and then adding mittens or slippers/socks to go with them. Stop by for the details! http://soaringeaglesproject.blogspot.com

 
At October 30, 2007 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi..I have been trying to get in touch with Jessica Eastin and I see that you took a clss of hers. Did you get an email address for her? I can't find her Yarnitopia store online, and hope it hasn;t closed. Can you help me?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home