Saturday, December 08, 2007

Storm Prep Checklist

1. Groceries - check
Lord have mercy, the store was packed yesterday afternoon--I was lucky to get out of there with my life.

2. Fill up the car - check
I always feel better having a full tank of gas if the weather's going to be bad--I'm not sure why, though.

3. Deicer and scraper in the house - check
How many of us have left the ice scraper in the car, only to find that you can't get to it because the door's frozen shut? DOH!

4. New windshield wipers - check
I hadn't planned on this, but I noticed a couple of days ago that my wipers were starting to come apart, so why not? Turned out to be a great idea. The little man at AutoZone suggested "winter" wipers, they're thicker than regular ones and supposedly don't freeze up or get out of shape, and he even installed them for me before I left the house.

5. Take out the trash - check
'Nuff said.

6. Laundry done - check
Laundry day's usually Sunday morning, but I did it this morning so I wouldn't have to get out in the ick. Special thanks to my downstairs neighbors, who helped me wake up early by having a knockdown dragout fight at 2 am (fifth time this week).

7. Clean up kitchen - no check
It's next on my list--can you tell I'm procrastinating?

I've decided I want to make some wrist warmers, so I'll be looking through the stash today to see what I can find. I've also thought about making some cuff liners for the new ankle boots I bought last week. They're just tall enough that they rub my legs. That may take a little experimenting to figure out how to do that.

Oh, and Mother Nature? Could you please ice us in on Monday? Thanks, we'd appreciate it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At December 11, 2007 6:41 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You ok? We lost power at work Monday afternoon so got to come home early. At home it stayed on until I'd gone to bed but it surely was dark and cool this morning. I'm told it was another transformer and they got it back up sometime before noon so we lucked out. It's flickering this evening. For some reason, I think I need to eat about twice as much as I usually do. Guess I'm going into hibernation

 
At December 12, 2007 4:28 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Ooh, you are evil. We got iced in and it was all your fault! ;-) LOL
It wasn't fun being iced in with a 5 year old crackhead. Seriously.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home