Monday, June 06, 2005

Why can't all Mondays be like this?

I love getting goodies on Monday! Look what I got:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Missy and I were bummed that we were half a country away from the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival, but that didn't stop us from ordering from the online store! Isn't the internet great? Apparently the stuff at the Festival sold out like the first day, so I feel lucky that we got anything at all. I love the sheepy logo!

(The black legs off to the left are Maggie--she wanted to be included in the photo.)

And what's that sitting there next to the bag? Yes, it's yarn--but what kind? Oh, just the almost-impossible-to-find Opal Lollipop 1016! Can you say SCORE!!!!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I blame it on the Yarn Harlot--if she hadn't started some socks out of it and put the photo on her website, I would have never tried so hard to find it. It took several tries, but I finally found someone who had it in stock--thank you, Woodland Woolworks! Now I just have to convince myself that I need to wait until I finish the current pair of socks before I start a new pair--must resist, must resist . . . .

And, if that wasn't enough, I got these in the mail today:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Six in one day--I think I went a little overboard when I was looking for garden catalogs, and I don't even have a garden! Oh well, I'll keep them to look at this winter when it's cold and yucky outside. I can put together a "dream garden" in my head. . . .

Speaking of my "garden," it's now become "party central" for all the birds, and they're eating me out of house and home. They emptied the birdfeeder this weekend, and today I come home to find that it's practically three-quarters empty again--in one day! I'm going to have to ratio the birdseed, or I'll go broke. I found a cute little hanging birdbath that I sat on the porch next to the feeder, and I think they've taken to it, too. We had four and five birds at a time, and Maggie will stand at the window and make whiney noises at them in her throat. I guess I can't complain--it's been fun to see who comes to the window. We continue to have lots of cardinals and bluejays.

I just started the heel on Sock #2 and hope to finish it this week. Then we'll have a photoshoot out with the flowers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home