Saturday, July 30, 2005

Funk-y Town

I've been in a bit of a funk lately. It's too hot, I'm worn out, I'm not always sleeping well, I'm tired of getting up in the morning, etc., etc., etc. This time of year is always hard because I hate the heat--I'm really more of a Fall Girl, so when the temps began to climb back into the 90s, I just don't want to do anything.

And then there's the Fiber Funk. I can't seem to get motivated to pick up the needles. I have two projects sitting on my coffee table, but they're just not doing it for me. My spindle is still there, too, with yarn on it that's been there probably six months. I need to ply it and get started on something else. My spinning wheel is sitting where I left it months ago--I haven't touched it except to move it out of the way.

Last weekend I spent most of my time face down on the bed, which is pretty unusual for me anymore. I have books from the library, but I don't want to read. I have movies from Netflix as well as a couple of videotapes I need to watch, but I have no desire to do so. Add in how depressing anything in the news is lately, and it's no wonder I want to find a hole to hide in.

Part of this stems from the fact that I know I've hit my "age peak." It's kinda hard to see where you are and know that's pretty much the best you're gonna be for the rest of your life. Truly, mid life sucks, and as for the "golden years"--yeah, I'm sure it'll be much worse.

The only thing that keeps me sane is the weekend. It's such a relief to know I can come home, close the door, and not have to deal with anyone or anything outside my own little bubble for 48 hours.

Thank god for the weekend.

Link: Saturday Morning Garden Blogging, Vol. XXIII

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home