Friday, July 15, 2005

My weekend plans are simple . . .

Just me, a bottle of wine, and Harry Potter. Can't get much better than that.

Of course, this means I have to dress presentably to greet the UPS man tomorrow, but that's a small concession to make, don't you think?

I have just a few more chapters of my last Mitford book to finish tonight, and then I'll be all ready for Harry. Hopefully I will have enough time to finish it this weekend--of course, I'm still living down the fact that I read the last one in one evening. I couldn't help it--I got sucked into the plot and couldn't put it down.

I found some other books I want to read after this--three books by Gregory Maguire: "Wicked - The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," "Confessions of An Ugly Stepsister," and "Mirror, Mirror." Maguire takes classic fairy tales and stories and expands and resets them to make new stories. These books are about The Wizard of Oz, Cinderella, and Sleeping Beauty. "Wicked" is the book that the musical "Wicked" is based on. I can't wait to read them.

And will wonders never cease? My Roady2 satellite radio finally shipped today! Yay!!!

1 Comments:

At July 16, 2005 2:33 PM, Blogger Ms. Not Together said...

As you probably know, I got almost to the end of Wicked, but couldn't finish. I really liked Mirror Mirror.

My son picked up, thus is now reading, my Harry Potter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home