Sunday, January 22, 2006

I'm copying this from Catherine at Bossy Little Dog:

d r i f t g l a s s: WaPo Hazel Shocked to discover

Read it--it's a masterpiece. Yet another blog to add to my Bloglines list--Catherine, you have really good taste (as reflected by my comments to your entry about Mr. Coffee and Jesse L. Martin . . . ).

I was lucky enough to be invited to a birthday dinner for a coworker and long-time friend last night at a local Mexican restaurant. What fun--I can't remember the last time I went out to dinner with friends. I hope we can do it again soon.

On the way home I stopped at Target for a few things. My neighborhood Target has recently remodeled and now includes a Starbucks, where I found chocolate-covered espresso beans at Christmas. I was hoping they might still have some, because I think they're a seasonal thing, but they had something even better--dark chocolate-covered espresso beans. I bought two packages, one for home and one for work. One of my bosses is from Seattle, and my first week at work I gave him some of the beans I had stashed in my desk, and his eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. So we will share the beans, and we'll see how long they last.

I thought we were going to get some rain this morning--it was all cloudy and overcast this morning, but now the sun's coming out. Look at the weather map, it looks like it was all south and east of us. Anybody know a rain dance?

My Socks That Rock order came this week--what great stuff, and of course I want more! I'm leaving my skein on my coffee table so I can pet it every so often. If I can ever get this current pair of socks finished, I may just have to make those next. I dropped Missy's skein (which was part of her Christmas present) off on the way to work Friday because her son asked when they were going to see "Aunt Katya"--how could I pass that up? For such a little crackhead, he is absolutely adorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home