Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday adventures

Poor Missy--she called this morning and said she was sick, so she wasn't able to go to SWAK today. Unfortunately, this stopped me for about ten minutes (sorry Missy--I started to call you to see if there was anything you needed, but I was afraid I would wake you up). It was such a pretty day, and for some reason I felt the need to hit the road. This was probably the first time I have driven that far by myself for a something other than a funeral in at least three or four years.

Actually, it's a good thing I went--I finally found the yarn I needed to make Mozilla's baby blanket--a purple and blue verigated Siddar baby yarn--and get this--it was 75% off! How could I pass that up! It's really very pretty--I was so excited to finally find something I like that wasn't a hundred dollars--not that the baby's not worth it, but I just can't see spending that much money on a blanket that will probably be thrown up on a thousand times.

For me I bought 3 skeins of a Cascade llama and wool blend for the "Urban Necessity" mittens. I also bought 2 sets of Brittney dpns and 2 sock books and a "knitting novel." I also splurged and bought a set of Denise circs and a big, beautiful African basket to hold my projects--I'm tired of them taking up the entire coffee table.

So it wasn't just a really awful amount of money--I love their 25% off sales. And besides, the baby yarn for 25% of the original price is a bargain that I'll be proud of for quite a while.

I will pay for the playing tomorrow--I have laundry to do, and I have to get my apartment cleaned up because the exterminator is coming Tuesday. Thank goodness he comes once a quarter or I sometimes think I would never do any cleaning.

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2006 1:32 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I'm glad you went anyway. I felt guilty for cancelling even though I felt like poo. And I can't wait to see the blanket you will make for the little one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home