Wednesday, March 15, 2006

March Madness starts tomorrow!!

I'm so excited! I never pay attention to basketball except for March Madness, and then I can't stand to miss a game. We have a pool set up at work--I'm sure I don't have a chance of winning, but it'll be fun. We're going to order in lunch tomorrow and watch OU play, a game which I don't think they have a chance of winning, by the way. As for my pick to go all the way, let's just say that I'm becoming an honorary Cheesehead for the next few weeks . . . Go Badgers!!!

Maybe all this basketball will take my mind off the crap that is going on in the state Legislature. It seems that there is nothing more important to deal with in the state right now than moral issues--abortion and contraception, apparently. And now Jesus' right hand man, Rep. Thad Balkman, wants to pass a law classifying gang members as "terrorists" right up there with Osama. Pretty soon everything in this damn state will be against the law, and we'll have to have laws written to allow anything.

You know, I love this state, but lately I wonder how much longer I can stand living here. It would take a flipping act of Congress to get me to move, but I may be forced to leave if the fundies continue to try to take over everything.

1 Comments:

At March 16, 2006 9:25 AM, Blogger Missy said...

On the news last night they said that Balkman's law is written in such vague language that literally ANYONE could be classified as a terrorist. Sort of reeks of the fed's enemy combatant status, huh? And why exactly do the people in this state keep supporting these theocratic wingnuts? Do you think it's just because they are Republicans and so they consistently vote with their party lines, or do you think everyone here actually believes in this crap?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home