Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I found a clean fork in my kitchen today.

You don't know how happy that makes me. I have been too busy and too exhausted to do the dishes from last week--I'm eating frozen dinners and using paper towels for sandwiches. At some point I'm gonna have to break down and do them, but I don't know when that will be.

It was at least 85 here today--unbelievable. I was able to leave the office long enough to come home to fetch my laptop, go to the bank, get gas, and grab something to eat--just too much going on to be gone any longer than that. I haven't touched my inbox in 2 days, so I brought it home tonight to go through. I'm afraid what I'm going to find.

I think my "new employee glow" has worn off--I'm in it up to my neck now. I don't know if it's the job or if I just need to polish up my juggling skills, but I can't believe how much stuff gets thrown at me in a day. My company is in "acquisition" mode, and it looks like we will be this way for a while, and the days are absolutely insane. On the one hand, I do enjoy it--it makes the days go by REALLY fast--too fast--but on the other hand, there's never enough time to get anything done. My officemate and I have at least six Saturdays' worth of filing that I don't know how we're going to get done, and it gets worse every day. And meetings--my god, the meetings--we have them back to back all day long. I finally got to schedule some "office" time for my boss today after two weeks of traveling and nothing but meetings--I told him he could pay me back later. Still, I'm learning a lot and like I said, it makes the days go by faster, but WOW, it's really intense.

This caught my eye tonight:

Tape: Bush, Chertoff Warned Before Katrina - Yahoo! News

Tape: Bush, Chertoff Warned Before Katrina - Yahoo! News

Can we nail this POS to the wall this time with this? If we can find nothing else that shows what total disregard these jackasses have for our country and our citizens, not to mention that "sanctity of life" crap they keep spouting, this video should be the smoking gun. I hope this is plastered all over every newspaper and news show in the world--let's see how Scotty will spin this.

Then I heard this morning that the new GOP spin for those who are coming up on re-election this Fall will be that * is a "liberal," not a true conservative. How the hell can they spin that? But apparently some think that it's already happening. People, WAKE UP!!!!!

2 Comments:

At March 02, 2006 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know what the difference between a Democrat and a Republican is?

Nothing. Both parties don't give a rat's ass about the Constitution or the law. It's all about the power that they can garner when in control.

Bush is a moron, Congress is a bunch of clowns and the SC doesn't have a clue what is in the Constitution.

And then folks wonder why the country is FUBAR'd. Whatever happened to keeping things simple, doing what is best for the citizens and the country.

Now we're more concerned about "democracy" in Iraq and couldn't give a flip about our own southern border. Seems ass backwards to me. The troops should be moved down the border and start kicking ass and taking names instead of trying to civilize a group of people who don't want or understand democracy.

Nothing is gonna change so long as politician keep putting their self interest ahead of the people's interest.

 
At March 02, 2006 9:42 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Unfortunately, the POS and his administration seem to be pretty much untouchable and the American people just keep letting them get away with it. Did you see John Stewart when he was interviewed by Larry King? He said he was just amazed by the American people and how nobody's doing ANYTHING.

I have every confidence in you and your juggling abilities. I'm sure you are knockin' 'em dead there at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home