Saturday, February 11, 2006

So how did I do?

You remember what I started with:

I got to work about 11:30 this morning. By 2:15 I had this:

Not bad--I thought it would take longer, but my time here was pretty good, so I stopped and took a 45-minute break to rev up for the really big stuff.

I have to say I'm really impressed with O'Sullivan furniture. This table was packed really well--every piece was individually wrapped and labeled, so the pieces were easy to identify and nothing was scratched. I had just enough room to work, and it really was pretty easy going.

Maggie was my supervisor:

Actually, she wasn't very happy that I had blocked her crate, so I had to clear a path so she could hide one of her bones. Got to keep the supervisor happy, you know?

By 5:30 the table was finished. I would have been done sooner, but I used the wrong screws on the keyboard drawer and had to take two of the legs off that piece to change them out.

At this point, I was starving, and so was Maggie, so we took a break for dinner.

Next was the printer install. I bought this all-in-one printer a couple of weeks ago on sale, and I waited until I had my table put together before installing it because I didn't want to mess with it twice. It's a Brother printer, and besides being a printer, scanner, fax, and copier, it has a phone and answering maching capability, memory card readers, and best of all--wifi! After looking at the installation manual, I knew it wouldn't be a piece of cake, but it looked fairly simple.

Right . . . .

Luckily the manual was very specific about what to do, but it took a while for me to get it to recognize the wifi network. I finally had to go in and change some settings in my router before it would work. But once I did that, it works GREAT!!! I love being able to print from my laptop (did I mention I also bought a new laptop? I got a really good deal), but I still need to be able to print from my desktop. Unfortunately, I don't have a USB cord to install it, so that will have to wait until tomorrow.

So it's now 10 pm. I love my "new" room, but I'm exhausted, and my supervisor left me to my own devices hours ago:

I didn't get the file cabinet that goes underneath the table put together--maybe tomorrow. Right now I'm going to take out the trash, sit for a while, and then go to bed. I've got a lot more to do tomorrow.


Post a Comment

<< Home