Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Life is getting a little scary . . .

I'm not sure I want to leave the house again if this keeps up.

Firstly, on my way to work this morning, I hit a goose on May Avenue. I didn't even see it until it was too late, it couldn't get out of the way in time, and there was too much traffic to swerve. I'm still absolutely sick over it.

I get to work and find out that the seriously ill adult daughter of a coworker in our HR Department passed away this morning. She had MS and had had a stroke several years ago, and she was not well, but it was still very sad.

Then I go out at lunch to drive a block away to pick up lunch for a meeting. I looked both ways before I pulled out into the street--and almost was hit by a truck coming from my right. It was a big gray pickup and I didn't even see it.

Maybe I need to get my eyes checked again?

So I can tell you that driving home tonight had my eyes glued to the road and trying to outguess everybody around me. I was so happy to pull into the driveway without any incidents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home