Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Ever have one of those days that are just terrible, horrible, no good, and very bad? That was my day today. I spent all morning getting nervous over an 11 am web conference where we would be demo-ing the new credit card system we are implementing. I've been working on this project in one way or another almost since I started this job in January, and I was extremely anxious for my boss to see what we had accomplished and what I had been working on. So the demo started, and thirty minutes into it my boss gets up, leaves the room, and never comes back. By the time we were done I was extremely upset, almost to the point of tears. So I left the office, grabbed some lunch, and went to the lake to spent some quiet time alone.

Not long after I got back to the office, the power goes out. Apparently there was a problem northwest of us, and we were in the dark for almost thirty minutes before the power came back on.

Then I had fifteen people nitpicking about one thing or the other, half of which I didn't know anything about--but everybody else did. I hate being in the dark when it seems like everyone knows exactly what's going on.

So the day finally ends, I get in the car and vamoose it home. Then Missy calls to tell me that our "NOT" favorite former State House member is now running for a judgeship, which he'll probably win, and I didn't feel much better. (BTW--we're 13 days from BABY MO!)

When we hung up, I decided to heat up a microwave dinner. I've been buying these Swanson dinners that have a brownie in them--they're not bad for the price and quick to boot. So I put it in the microwave for three and a half minutes. At that point you're supposed to take the brownie out of the plate because it's done and then finish cooking the meal. So I have my plate and my spoon, and I'm spooning it out of the dish, and what do I find?

Corn in my brownie.

Life sucks.

2 Comments:

At April 21, 2006 12:22 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I'm so sorry. I hope today is better. I think you should have called and bitched out the company that manufactured your frozen dinner. Corn in the brownie is unacceptable!!!

 
At April 23, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger CGHill said...

I have seldom had a Swanson dinner in which this sort of transport didn't occur, but then I schlep these things to work each morning, so there's about a 25-minute period where they get to thaw ever so slightly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home