Friday, April 14, 2006

The Easter Bunny's been here!


One of my coworkers, an old friend of mine from a previous job, left this for me on Wednesday. The plastic eggs contain my very favorite--Reese's peanut butter eggs. There are bubble gum eggs, chocolate, bunny tissues (very cute!) a fuzzy Easter egg pen, pink Peeps bunnies, and a yellow stuffed duckie. I just love it.

My company was closed today for Good Friday, and I took advantage of it to do some shopping, since today was payday, too. I took Missy to lunch--I've been wanting Chinese food--and shopped for plants. I won't bore you with the final tally ('cuz I would be embarassed, and we don't really want that), but I did pretty well. I bought four planters and soil for my tomatoes, zucchini, and eggplant, and some herbs and flowers and stuff. I found another Alice duPont mandavilla plant and a hanging basket with a red geranium, green and white ivy, and white sutera, and I broke down and bought the cutest yellow daisy tree. It's over five feet high, absolutely beautiful, and I was insane to buy it. It was so bright and cheery, I just had to have it.

So now I have to figure out what to do with all this stuff. I hate having to pull out all my pretty pansies; they're starting to fade, but there are still a lot of blooms, and I feel horrible in getting rid of them. I may wait another week to replant--if this 90-degree heat keeps up, they won't last much longer anyway. My tomatoes aren't quite ready to be planted, but I've got to do something with the zucchini--it's going crazy and needs to be staked. I've never seen stuff grow so fast--I planted another seed on Saturday, and by Thursday I had a five-inch plant with two leaves!

I ran into an old friend at Home Depot on my second trip (I was just going for soil--honestly!). We ended up shopping for flowers together--it was fun to have someone to "ooo" and "ahhh" with over all those pretty plants. Between the two of us, we spent quite a bit of money, but we both love the stuff, so it was worth it.

I also stopped and got a haircut--I've been needing one for weeks. I hate getting a haircut; it's harder than pulling teeth to get me to go. A short stop at the grocery store, and I am DONE for the weekend. Tomorrow and Sunday I plan to figure out what to do with all these plants and veg some, too.

Later I'll post pictures of the plants and also the "sock from hell," as I've come to call it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home