Monday, July 10, 2006

Psst--come 'ere a minute--

Go to "To Knit, Perchance to Dream"

look at the upper right hand corner--under "spotlight on a new fave knitblog of the week" . . . .

IT'S MEEEEEE!!!

How cool is this? Suzie is a fellow participant in "Le Tour de Fleece," and she was nice enough to offer to "feature me." Thanks, Suzie--what a nice thing to do!

Today's a rest day for Le Tour de France, and I'm thinking I may take a break--or not, we'll see what happens later tonight.

I think I may have decided on the next fiber to spin. I came home tonight to a package from Alpacas d'Auxvasse. I can't even remember how I got to this website, maybe from the Spin-Sales Group on Yahoo Groups? Anyway, the fiber looked gorgeous and the price was right, so I placed an order.

Now this is not just plain old vanilla alpaca, but suri alpaca, which is apparently more everything than "regular" alpaca. I had no idea there were differences, but WOW--this stuff is incredible. It's softer than soft and the colors--oh my, I'm really, seriously, dangerously in love. In fact, I emailed the owner, Ann, and offered myself up as an indentured servant if I could just have more of this stuff.

Ann loves her animals, and you can tell by the care she puts into processing the fiber. She hand washes it, drys it in the sun, and then hand picks it, and it is pure luxury. So go over to Alpacas d'Auxvasse and check it out--the stuff is amazing. (No, I'm not making a cent off this--the stuff is AMAZING--trust me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home