Sunday, September 24, 2006

Can you say "procrastination?"

Hell, I can barely spell it, but there it is. I've been practicing my procrastination this week. I just haven't had a lot of get up and go. Work was really tough this week, and I'd come home every day with the best of intentions, and still nothing got done.

So I have nothing to show. I have a few inches of sock, but nothing worth looking at. I'm almost finished with the merino/silk blend I seem to have been spinning for eons. I actually finished the background piecing last weekend for the "Howdy" wallhanging, but when I stepped back and looked at it, it was way off. I have a horrible time cutting and sewing a straight line--how could I have forgotten that? So I spend a couple of hours this afternoon ripping it apart and putting it back together. At this point I think it's fine, but I have to leave it for a couple of days and then look at it again, and it'll probably be crooked then, too.

Someone please remind me why I wanted to start quilting again? AACK!

I keep reminding myself that it's more about the process than the finished product, but that doesn't really seem to impress me that much. I have always had a hard time breaking large (or large-seeming) jobs down into smaller bits. I'm a "do-it-all-at-once" kind of girl. Sewing, spinning, knitting, housework, gardening, you name it--I end up sitting on my ass and bemoaning the fact that I'm not getting anything done, when if I'd be happy to do just a little bit, I would eventually accomplish my goal.

I did really well when I was participating in Le Tour de Fleece because I had a set goal--30 minutes of spinning a day--and people watching me to make sure I did it. I need to apply that kind of schedule and pressure to my normal life and see how it works out.

Anybody want to start a "do SOMETHING every day"-along?

2 Comments:

At September 24, 2006 11:01 PM, Blogger FaerieLady said...

I'm up for the "do something every day" along... considering I've done nothing except get some stuff dyed and carded in the past few weeks... Knitting? Spinning? Wazzat?

 
At September 26, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I need to do tons of cleaning & organizing. Organize-along???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home