Sunday, September 24, 2006

Can you say "procrastination?"

Hell, I can barely spell it, but there it is. I've been practicing my procrastination this week. I just haven't had a lot of get up and go. Work was really tough this week, and I'd come home every day with the best of intentions, and still nothing got done.

So I have nothing to show. I have a few inches of sock, but nothing worth looking at. I'm almost finished with the merino/silk blend I seem to have been spinning for eons. I actually finished the background piecing last weekend for the "Howdy" wallhanging, but when I stepped back and looked at it, it was way off. I have a horrible time cutting and sewing a straight line--how could I have forgotten that? So I spend a couple of hours this afternoon ripping it apart and putting it back together. At this point I think it's fine, but I have to leave it for a couple of days and then look at it again, and it'll probably be crooked then, too.

Someone please remind me why I wanted to start quilting again? AACK!

I keep reminding myself that it's more about the process than the finished product, but that doesn't really seem to impress me that much. I have always had a hard time breaking large (or large-seeming) jobs down into smaller bits. I'm a "do-it-all-at-once" kind of girl. Sewing, spinning, knitting, housework, gardening, you name it--I end up sitting on my ass and bemoaning the fact that I'm not getting anything done, when if I'd be happy to do just a little bit, I would eventually accomplish my goal.

I did really well when I was participating in Le Tour de Fleece because I had a set goal--30 minutes of spinning a day--and people watching me to make sure I did it. I need to apply that kind of schedule and pressure to my normal life and see how it works out.

Anybody want to start a "do SOMETHING every day"-along?

1 Comments:

At September 26, 2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Missy said...

I need to do tons of cleaning & organizing. Organize-along???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home