Tuesday, September 12, 2006

A surprise from Mother Nature

In the spring I planted several plants I had started from seed, some of which were two different colors of morning glories and a white moonflower. I was so disappointed, because they looked really healthy, but the heat absolutely scorched all of them, and so I figured I'd try again next year. Imagine my surprise when I came home today to find this:


A Grandpa Ott morning glory! Apparently one of the vines survived, and it looks like there's going to be quite a few blooms. It worked its way into the mandevilla, and I had no idea it was there. I'm so happy--at least something I started from seed survived this horrible summer.

I wish the nurseries would restock petunias, periwinkles, and other spring flowers, because now seems to be the perfect time--they're going crazy:


And to top it all off, my poor, scraggly tomatoes are now covered in blooms. Who woulda thunk?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home