Monday, September 11, 2006

One half an FO?*

Look what I finished last night:


Isn't it pretty? And sooo comfortable--I absolutely love this pattern.

Here's a couple of closeups:



I love the cuff, but because I always have problems with too-tight bindoffs, I used a Size 4 needle to bind off, and it's a little looser than it probably should be. But it's very easy to get on and off, so I like it!

Now--I've got to beat that dreaded Second Sock Syndrome!

*Is it "an" or "a?" Would be "a finished object" but "an FO?" I need an English teacher, quick!

3 Comments:

At September 11, 2006 8:56 PM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Nice feather-and-fan sock! I like the colors. I think that it's 'a'. Of course, it's been awhile since Honors English Comp II.

 
At September 12, 2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Missy said...

According to Dr. Grammar (http://www.drgrammar.org/faqs/#36) it's "an." Love the sock - I am soooo digging that color.

 
At September 17, 2006 11:33 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You use "an" if it's prior to a vowel sound. "A" preceeds a consonant.

So it would be correct if you say "an F.O." (like "eff oh").

And it would also be correct if you say "a FO" (like "foe"), which is how I say it.

Which feather and fan pattern is that? I need to read back farther and see what yarn you're using - the pattern/yarn combo looks SOOOOO squishably soft and comfy! I have been looking at a F&F pattern in a Nancy Bush pattern book to make for my mom for Christmas or birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home