Sunday, March 27, 2005

Weekend Update

Well, my poor Cowboys played their damnedest Thursday night, but they lost by one point. They have nothing to be upset about--they played very well. Looks like Coach Sutton is retiring, too. All in all, not the happiest day for us OSU folks, but we always have next year.

I watched the game while I worked on my Cashmerino scarf. It's almost finished, but I'm not sure how much farther I can go with what yarn I have left. So I spent the entire game knitting and frogging--I think I did it at least two, maybe three times. I am determined not to waste an inch of this yarn, so of course I'm going to frog it so many times that I may never finish it! The knitting did keep me from pacing the floor, however--I tend to do this when I'm really into a game. I even managed to keep the noise down to a respectable level, even though Maggie didn't agree--she spent most of the game asleep in the bedroom. (She doesn't like it when I yell.) At least she wasn't hiding in the closet like she does sometimes!

Saturday was bitter cold here, in the 40s but it felt a LOT colder. I even turned the heat back on for a while. Today seems to be somewhat warmer, and the sun has come out, but I just can't seem to get warm.

I did spin some more on my Perendale that I started two weeks ago--I would like to get one bobbin off the wheel today if I can. It's interesting--this fiber in unspun form is very bright and colorful, but the spinning has taken some of the brightness out of it. I think that the navajo plying will help, but it's always a surprise to see how my yarn will turn out. One of the extra benefits of spinning, I suppose . . . .

I don't have any fibery photos today, but I will share this one with you--I think it's so cute!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And now, I'm off to clean up the kitchen and make up the bed--yippee!

1 Comments:

At March 29, 2005 11:23 AM, Blogger Donna Hulka said...

Just stopping by to say hi, Katya! Welcome to the wool fanlisting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home