Sunday, July 23, 2006

The Champs-Elysees and the finish line

Well, it's done. The cyclists have made it to Paris, and as Floyd Landis crossed the finish line, I, too, raised my arms in victory.

It's been an interesting three weeks, but I stuck to my goal of at least 30 minutes of spinning per day, and here are the results:


Total completed - 1,188 yards

It's not anywhere near what some were able to complete, but I'm very happy with how things played out. I've learned a lot, both from my fellow competitors and from working alone. I kept going, even when I was feeling less than enthusiastic, and I now have a better idea of what areas I need to work on (and there are many) as well as having a great sense of accomplishment in that, yes, I can spin!

Congratulations to everyone, especially Katherine for organizing this event, and I hope we can do this again--it was fun!

La vie longue la Tournée de Fleece!

3 Comments:

At July 23, 2006 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can spin very nice yarn! Congrats on meeting your goal. The colors of your yarn are lovely, especially the pink & green one in the middle.

 
At July 24, 2006 7:58 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Bravo! your yarn is gorgeous! What wonderful colorways and the spinning looks so nice and even. Well done spinning sister!

 
At July 25, 2006 1:38 PM, Blogger Ina said...

Woo-hoo! Congratulations! Love your beauteous yarn, especially the pink marl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home