Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Le Tour de Fleece - Day Fifteen

Yesterday I took the rest day because I had to get ready for the Bug Guy. I'm lucky he comes once a quarter, or I'd never clean house--ha!

Anyway, I don't know if it was cleaning house until 11 pm or the four small squares of dark chocolate I had with dinner, but I couldn't sleep worth a darn last night. So today's spinning was done at midnight last night, not the best time to spin, but it wasn't bad.

As I wrote previously, I intended to spin this current fiber into a three ply for socks. However, it turns out the Keyboard Biologist is spinning the exact same fiber (in a different colorway) and has done some experimenting. If you look at her photos, the two-ply yarn looks much better in terms of striping and color. So I've changed my mind--two ply it is.

I love this fiber so much I want ALL the colorways--is that bad?

I'm going to blame my current "buy all the fiber I can get my hands on" behavior on the heat. It was 106 yesterday, 107 today, and it's supposed to stay this hot until the weekend, when it should drop into the mid-80s (can't wait for that!).

Donna has come up with a great idea that I'm TOTALLY on board with:


Since I've been buying stuff like the world was coming to an end (and aren't there some that think that it is right now, with all this stuff going on in the Middle East?), I think I definitely need to join this movement.

Although I've heard through a little bird that someone has a belated birthday package for me . . . .

1 Comments:

At July 20, 2006 9:18 AM, Blogger Ina said...

Your spinning looks great. Your weather is stupefying. Back East, we were bleating because it was in the high 90s for a couple days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home