Sunday, July 16, 2006

Le Tour de Fleece - Days Thirteen and Fourteen

The merino/silk blend was plied yesterday, and looky here:


Isn't it pretty? And it's so squishy--I love it!

My "official" totals thus far are:

Skeins #1 and #2 - 1,146 yards of singles, 382 yards triple plied
Skein #3 - 768 yards of singles, 384 yards double plied
Totals - 1,1914 yards of singles, 766 yards finished yarn

For the next stage, I chose this:


Eight ounces of superwash merino pencil roving from Crown Mountain Farms in the colorway "It Takes 2, Baby." It's so cushy, it feels like a big pillow, and spinning--oh my! Spins like a dream, again so soft and pillowy, I think it will make nice, squishy three-ply yarn for socks.

And yes, it does have pink in it (sigh)--I guess I'm turning into a 6-year-old girl. I don't know why I'm so into pink all of a sudden, but I think this looks like roses:


And now, since it's 8 am and I've already done laundry, watered the plants, refilled the birdfeeder, and caught up on the news, I think I'll go spin for a while before I have to drag myself up and start cleaning--yuck!

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2006 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely spinning! I have CMF pencil roving and the merino superwash in a bunch of colors too! Lovely stuff!

BTW, I live in Norman. Do you know if there is a spinning group around here?

 
At July 16, 2006 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like a true pro! How incredibly beautiful. I'm agog.

Spin on~

 
At July 19, 2006 8:23 PM, Blogger thalassophile said...

Oh my gosh! Your day sounds exactly like mine: laundry, water the plants, fill the birdfeeder etc.
I love that colorway, it is beautiful and it does look like a rose, those are my favorite color combos.
~Rhonda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home