Sunday, October 01, 2006

I'm still here . . .

but I'm still feeling mopey. I've decided I must be a litle bit depressed, because I can't seem to shake the feeling of being tired and just wanting to sit and not move or breathe or think for hours at a time. Somehow I've got to keep going, so I'm trying to plug away and not waste the entire weekend.

A lot of quilt bloggers have been showing their pincushions. I've been wanting to make one, and I thought today would be a good day to try paper piecing for the first time. The result was this:


Not the most impressive thing in the world, but I like it. I was actually able to match points and everything, which is a very big deal in my world. It's stuffed with ground-up walnut shells and some of the rosemary from my garden. It smells yummy, but I think it needs a button in the middle. So let's say this is 95% complete.

I also decided that it might be a good motivator to join a couple more KALs. So I've joined the following:


How cute is this button? I had to join just to put the button on my blog.

And the other KAL--


I like the fact that there's not a lot of pressure in this one. I'm going to the OkieFiber Retreat and Slumber Party next month, and I'm taking a dying class. I have some superwash merino that I hope to dye for this KAL.

As for the "Howdy" banner, I was progressing nicely until I discovered that either I cut the pattern wrong or the kit didn't have enough fabric, but I didn't have enough to cut the foot of the boot. So I'll have to go see if I can find more matching fabric or a suitable substitution sometime this week.

So now I have some goals and hopefully some motivation to get moving. Yay for me.

3 Comments:

At October 02, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger Missy said...

That's really cute! You know, if you need a pick-me-up, I can always get out and take you somewhere (if you don't mind the kiddos tagging along).

 
At October 02, 2006 4:14 PM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

OH! I'm going to go signing up for the twisted knitters thing too! That sounds like SO much fun!

 
At October 03, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Wow, I'm jealous about you getting to go to the OkieFiber retreat. its' a little too much and I'll have to be at Grand Lake that weekend. Have fun...*sigh* and tell me all about it when you return! BTW, I like the buttons and the banner. Looking great! As far as the mopey mood, I've BTDT recently as well! (((HUGS)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home