Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Somebody, please make it STOP!!!

(this post is for Catherine--I'm venting because you can't right now. Hope you're feeling better soon!)

So apparently Mercury is in retrograde until March 8. I don't know what that means, but all I know is something needs to stop, NOW. This last week or so has just been hellacious, and I mean in a totally emotional sort of way. I'm crying at the most inopportune moments, I'm tired and want to stay in bed all day, nothing piques my interest, except that I want to spend every dime I have on SOMETHING, ANYTHING (this is a sure sign I've got a problem--I am a habitual shopper when I'm not happy), and my apartment suddenly looks like a freakin' greenhouse.

Does anybody else just wish that it would STOP, just for a little while, so we could all catch our breath and chant a couple of mantras or something? I mean, really, what's the point if we spend every second of the day chasing our damn tails like some freaky cat hopped up on speed?

The warmer temps don't help, either. It makes me just want to go back to the farm and figure out a way to live in a hole for the rest of my days, just me and nature--and snakes, okay, maybe not the snakes, but you know what I mean.

So then I read today that Mercury's in retrograde, and I don't know what that means except it feels like the entire world's just so messed up that nothing will ever be right again and, and, and . . . .

Okay, you can fill in the blank--I got nothin'.

Happy freakin' Mercury's in retrograde to you, too.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At March 01, 2007 11:57 AM, Blogger Leah said...

Mercury, something in the air, whatever! I know something is going on because I feel the exact same way. All I want to do is pull the covers over my head. Unfortunately, that isn't an option!

May it pass soon for both of us!

 
At March 01, 2007 9:35 PM, Blogger Laura said...

You're really correct about all of it!! Strange degrees of rudeness in blogland... my son came home from school today and said there have been several fights at school this week... my 10yo daughter is REALLY acting up at the school and getting in trouble this week. It's weirdness. WEIRDNESS I tell ya! I'm ready for it to stop - and we have to wait until March 8th??? GAH!

 
At March 02, 2007 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought it was just the time of the year in general. I'm about to do a Jack Nicholson-in-the-Shining kind of thing here in VT.

I did manage to get outside and get over 2 hours of direct sunlight on my face this week. That may be all that is standing between me and a 4-inch high manuscript reading "All work and no play...."

Hang in there until the 9th!

 
At March 04, 2007 11:51 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Ohhhh I do that shopping thing too! I've been making myself wait 3 days before buying anything that I don't HAVE to have. But dang it, now the stuff I ordered first can't seem to find it's way here. And it's been since the middle of Feb! argghhh.

At least your greenhouse home will have lots of clean air. So that's something I guess. Hang in there!

 
At March 06, 2007 1:59 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Hang on, we're almost out of this dang phase. But if this makes you feel any better (and it won't, but it sort of made me laugh), the first thing I thought of when I read this post was SNAKES ON A M-F FARM! I know, it's stupid. It's all I got today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home