Monday, May 28, 2007

The garden, she is complete . . .

. . . or as done as she gonna get for now. A couple of hours this afternoon and I'm done.

And now, the garden tour (please humor me--I promise to try to get back to fiber arts at some point, I swear).

As I'm standing in my front door, to my right:


And to my left:

More photos:



There's a black-eyed Susan vine


that I'm hoping will grow around the railing and especially around Essie, the garden girl:



Here's a second small water garden, not much to look at, but I'm hoping for just one water lily bloom:


More herbs--they are really liking this weather:



The big container in this photo is full of clematis, purple and red morning glories, and white moonflowers.


My poor tomatoes, eggplant, and peppers--they need some sun and heat!


You can see my sunflowers and my 8-ball squash in the foreground of this photo:


And that's it. I have some begonia cuttings I need to pot up, and I want to put all my cacti and succulents out, but it's just too wet to do that right now. But other than that, I done, fini, kaput.

If I could just get Mother Nature to wait until afternoon or evening to water us, I'd be really grateful.

Now I need to clean up all the mess in my apartment--it looks like a garden center exploded all over it. But that will have to wait until tomorrow--right now, I'm hitting the showers.

Happy summer, everyone!

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 29, 2007 6:00 PM, Blogger Missy said...

You are truly my gardening hero.

 
At May 29, 2007 11:59 PM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Yay! How awesome! I bask in your gardening skills in wonderment. I especially like the water gardens-I look forward to seeing your water lillies bloom.

 
At June 14, 2007 12:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI
Found your blog through oklahoma web ring i think. Anyways love the garden and I think we are neighbors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home