Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Someone please tell Mother Nature to take a hike

It's Tuesday night, and we're headed for the third consecutive night of stormy weather. We had 1.31 inches of rain yesterday and 3.13 inches today--almost 5 inches in 24 hours--AGAIN. Sunday night there were storms all around OKC, but none here--they waited to hit until 230 am Monday morning. Then we had another downpour about 730 this morning on the way to work.

To say things are flooded around town is an understatement. I honestly think if somone spit in Lake Hefner, it would flood out. I think the news tonight said there were 19 streets around town that were closed because of flooding, and people were STILL driving into high water. How stupid can you be?

This weather reminds me of ten or twenty years ago when we would go for weeks having huge storms every night. I'm getting tired of seeing nothing but continuous weather reports on TV all night long.

There are tornados in the southern part of the state right now. I guess I need to pay some attention to see what's happening here--it's getting kinda dark outside.

Somebody send an ark . . . .

Labels:

3 Comments:

At May 09, 2007 9:46 AM, Blogger Procrastiknitter said...

Hey girl!

Can't send you an ark because I need it myself up here in Bartlesville. The news said 4 inches in 2 days, but my rain gauge says closer to 5.25

Doesn't look like it's going to dry out for more than two days (this weekend) and then back to the stupid rain! (((HUGS)))

 
At May 09, 2007 4:31 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Rain rain, go away! And take the freaking tornadoes with you! I haven't slept good in days... But this too shall pass, and the sooner the better.

 
At May 11, 2007 7:04 PM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

I am with you! I did all sorts of gardening last week, and the poor plants and vines I stuck in the ground last week are water-logged! I'm hoping that they don't die! A little bit of rain is ok, but enough is enough already-my yard splashes at me as I walk across the grass! (and I live at the top of a hill!)

P.S.-It looks like I might get to go to Rendezvous after all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home