Friday, May 11, 2007

Rendezvous tomorrow!

Please, Mother Nature, stop the rain--until Saturday night at least!

I'm all packed up and ready to go! The only thing I can't decide on is what shoes to wear. It's bound to be muddy, so I think I'll go with an old pair of sneakers that I've barely worn--if they get dirty, I have no problem in throwing them away.

It was great having today off. The day didn't start off too well--I paid almost $43 for a tank of gas (and that's at $2.979 a gallon), but I had lunch with Missy, and that made it all better. I went downtown to the Farmers Market and bought a bunch of plants and also stopped by another place and bought more (it's a sickness, really it is). Unfortunately I had a whopper of a headache by the time I went to get my haircut at 3, but my stylist gave me a wonderful scalp and neck massage and I felt much better when I left.

By the time I walked out of the salon, it was getting really cloudy and dark off to the east. Since I was just across the street from the grocery store, I decided to stop off there before heading home--just one less thing to do on Saturday. I was almost finished shopping when the skies opened up and absolutely poured. By the time I checked out and went outside, there was water everywhere, and I ended up getting absolutely soaked to the bone. I'm not sure how much it rained, but in the twenty or so minutes it rained, the streets were flooded--AGAIN.

As much as I love the rain, I'm ready for it to stop.

1 Comments:

At May 27, 2007 12:06 AM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Come back to us...show us your Rendezvous goods...take subliminal messages from Cassa...we miss your funny banter...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home