Monday, December 31, 2007

Say goodbye to 2007

Goodbye, good riddance, let me show you to the door--what more can I say? Another end to another so-so year. Blech. Hope your year was more eventful than mine. And now we get to start another year of the same--yay.

Best news of the last week was that I got my stitches out. My hand looks good, although it's shedding a little skin around the cut, but I guess that's to be expected. My index finger continues to be a little stiff and sore, but I'm hoping that's residual from the lidocaine injections before the stitches. It may take a while for it to go away, I guess.

There's also news on the fiber front--I've been knitting! I finished a shawl that I started, what, probably 5 years ago? I'd show you a picture, but it's boucle and pretty much just looks like a big fibery blob of stuff. I also started a small scarf in the buffalo yarn that Missy bought me a couple of years ago. I'll try to get a shot of it sometime soon. I've also been knitting on the sock I started in November 2006, and I'm hoping to get psyched enough to finish the pair. I hate leaving a sock on the needles--it makes me so sad.

I've been home pretty much most of the time since Christmas Eve, althought I had to work last Wednesday and Thursday. It's been nice--I need some serious down time to get ready for January, because work's going to be a b****. Unfortunately, because I'm now carrying a BlackBerry, the downtime has been infused with work emails, and I've had to handle several issues that I'd hoped to leave at the office. I'm going to try to stay away from the BB today, but it's hard when others know you're reading your email.

So best of wishes to you all for the new year.

2 Comments:

At January 01, 2008 1:02 PM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Good luck with that BB. I'm convinced that if I believed in the devil that he would have been the inventor of BB's.

Doesn't it feel good to get back to projects that you'd left behind and actually finish them? I'm beginning to feel like I need to do that again.

Happy New Year!

 
At January 01, 2008 6:09 PM, Blogger Susan said...

You have buffalo yarn???? OMG when you get it done, could I just touch it????

Glad those stitches are out and hopefully all will be really well soon. I think I'll pass on having an eventful year. Boring sounds a bit safer. LOL

And now I can say "my important friend Katya who has a blackberry" Truly, I'm impressed. I don't know exactly what they do, but they surely look cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home