Monday, July 24, 2006

A poem by KatyaR

With apologies to Henry Gibson*

A Poem
By KatyaR


Welcome to Oklahoma!

Land of Cowboys and Indians,
wheat and oil,
wind and sunflowers,
and KNITTERS galore!!!


(And crocheters and spinners and weavers and dyers, too!!!)

Thanks for coming to visit--
Ya'll come back soon!

Tomorrow's a big day for a number of reasons--Reason #1, it's Primary Election Day. I have a friend running for Lieutenant Governor (go, Petey, go!), and several acquaintenances (thanks to my last job) running for re-election. Election Day in Oklahoma is always interesting, to say the least.

Luckily, most of the returns won't be in until we get home from Reason #2, the Yarn Harlot will be here tomorrow!!! The above poem (or attempt at a poem--I suck at writing poetry) is on the gift card I enclosed with some Oklahoma-themed stitch markers I made for Stephanie (and no, you can't see them--I'm embarassed).

So I will either make a fool of myself in front of half the world tomorrow night or chicken out and not give them to her at all.

Odds are 50-50 either way.

*dated "Laugh-In" reference

2 Comments:

At July 25, 2006 1:34 PM, Blogger Ina said...

No need to chicken out, Stephanie is as gracious as she is funny. I'm sure she'll love your stitch markers. Be totally shameless and ask her to pose for pictures with your knitting or your beauteous TdF spinning.

 
At July 26, 2006 11:58 AM, Blogger Emily said...

It was WAY too much fun last night!

Glad you could be there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home