Saturday, February 02, 2008

Damn, what a week.

I can't remember another time when I've been so beat down, and that's saying a lot. It was the week from hell--my boss was sick, I was sick, the big boss was yelling and screaming at the drop of a hat, an unfortunate incident caused me to have to go to HR about an employee (what a mess), the person I want to hire may end up not taking the job and then I'll end up keeping the temp from hell because my boss wants to make a point (to her, not me) to save his precious reputation, a friend of mine was fired, another one quit with issues, the company itself is going to hell in a handbasket, we had rain that turned to snow that all turned to ice and made driving hell for about 24 hours, the economy's tanking, food and gas costs are outrageous . . . .

Well, anyway, I guess you get my drift.

I'm turning off the phones, signing off the computer, closing the blinds, and curling up on the couch with my head under a blanket and the dog at my side. Hopefully I'll come out on the other side.

4 Comments:

At February 04, 2008 2:57 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Holy shit, that's a lot of crap for one week! I hope things are better this week, but I'm guessing that the work things don't usually get resolved that quickly...

Well, I'm thinking about ya and hoping you are ok. Hang in there, and if you need to help you drink a bottle of wine, let me know.

 
At February 06, 2008 12:15 AM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Here's hoping it gets better...and quick!

 
At February 06, 2008 6:10 PM, Blogger Susan said...

I hope your weekend going to ground helped make this week a bit better. All that shit is hard to deal with and even worse when you're exhausted physically and mentally.

 
At February 18, 2008 12:12 PM, Blogger jessie said...

Not to minimize your pain, but there's a lot of this beat-down thing going around these days. It's called "February."

It's not that you didn't have a crappy week, it's just that the time of year is no help at all.

Have a good cry until the daffodils are up. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home