Saturday, August 12, 2006

Saturday Sky and Actual Knitting Content (TM)


This is a mid-day shot, as opposed to the early-morning ones I usually post. Exciting, huh?

Maggie and I stayed in bed until almost 9 this morning, and I still feel like I could take another long nap. I think too many days of high temps is getting to all of us. A lot of people I know have curtailed their activities to what can be done in the early morning and on the way home from work. The rest of the time they're staying inside. I can assure you that I'm in that group.

As for Actual Knitting Content (TM), look what the cashmere's becoming:


I decided on Wendy Johnson's Fan and Feather Scarf, and it's really nice. The best thing about this pattern--it's lace and it's easy enough for me not to screw up. Here's a closeup:


The colors actually tilt more toward the dark purples and blues with tiny shots of lighter purples, blues, and pinks throughout. It's really quite nice yarn, and I can't wait to see how it comes out.

I do remember that I commented last weekend that I was going to try the two socks on one circular thing. I spent a few hours last Sunday playing with this, and I came to the conclusion that, for me, this is just way too fiddly to mess with. Yes, 5 needles is just as bad, but I can handle that. I think that it takes just as much time to fiddle with the circular needle as it does for me to readjust from one needle to the next. I'm also not crazy about the stress put on the sock from pulling it all over the place to move it. So the verdict is that I'm sticking with my toothpicks--they work just fine for me. If I want to knit two socks at once, it'll be with two sets of toothpicks!

However, I have found a new toe-up cast on that I really like--the figure 8. I like this much better than the provisional cast on I've been doing. You do have to adjust it a bit in the beginning to get the stitches nice and even, but I still think it's pretty easy.

I've not touched my spinning this week, and I'm sure the Muppet guts are lonely, so that's on the agenda for today--if I can stay awake.

2 Comments:

At August 15, 2006 12:04 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Ok, I am in serious love with that color. Where did you get it again?

 
At August 15, 2006 7:45 PM, Blogger KatyaR said...

I ordered it from Yarn Botanika--their link is on the right side of my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home