Monday, August 07, 2006

A girl comes home from a hard day's work . . .

and all she wants is something to satisfy her, something to stimulate her senses, something to get her all hot and bothered (more than she already is from the heatwave we're having).

So what would fit the bill? (Okay, get your minds out of the gutter.)

This worked wonders:


(Maggie's acting as my personal Homeland Security inspector.)

I'm sure my mailman's wondering what the hell I'm buying in these big boxes that don't weigh anything--yes, it's fiber.

Wanna see?

This was the first box--isn't this pretty?


Two pressies from Yarn Botanica, one of my new favorite places. The sack contains "The Traveler - Spindle Kit," and it's absolutely gorgeous:


The ladies at Yarn Botanika put together these great little sock knitting and spindle kits. The bag is from Knitted Bits, the tiny little spindle is from Woolyvines, and the handpainted roving (blue faced leicester in "Santa Fe Nights" colorway) is from Yarn Botanika. I'm absolutely in love with it all, and look, I've already taken the fiber out for a spin:


The little bag on the left contained this tiny gem:


It's 100% pure cashmere, fingering weight, in the colorway "Midnight." It actually is much darker and more dark blue and purpley than this photo shows. I'm thinking maybe Wendy's Feather and Fan scarf for this. Or I may just keep it as a pet.

And the second box--well, the second box is a bit embarassing. After having a particularly bad day last week, I came home and ordered more fiber from Crown Mountain Farms. Remember how I've been so obsessed lately with pink?


I rhink I've moved into my orange period. Maybe it's a subconscious pining for Fall. There's 3 bundles of superwash merino and 4 of Corriedale pencil roving. It makes my fingers itch just to look at it.

And now, as penance for such extravagance, I want to publicly apologize to Wendy for mocking her for buying so much sock yarn (look at the end of the posting).

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

And I'm waaaay too chicken to put all my purchases together and post it on the internets.

4 Comments:

At August 08, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger kaoticorchid said...

Everything looks beautiful! Color me green with envy over that spindle. I've been eyeballing those for a long time. I would love one in lapis or in a nice purple...

 
At August 08, 2006 2:16 PM, Blogger Missy said...

INTERVENTION!!!!! Didn't you tell me you needed an intervention the last time we talked? Clearly I'm more the enabler type because I'm looking at those colors and thinking, "Oh, I totally understand. They're beautiful."

Holy JAYSUS girl! LOL

 
At August 10, 2006 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty fiber from Crown Mountain!

 
At August 17, 2006 1:43 AM, Blogger YarnB said...

Oh wow! You take great photos! I am so glad you like everything and it is fun to see the fiber spun up. I love the fiber from Crown Mountain too!! I have a ton of Cormo roving that is thin like that that I am going to dye soon. Have you tried Cormo? YUM!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home