Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday Sky - more of the same

Saturday, August 5, 9 am:


I know I sound like a broken record, but it's HOT. The "breaks" we've had this week have been 99, 98--double-digits instead of triple digits, but with the higher humidity, it still feels like 100s to me. We had a gullywasher of a storm blow through late Thursday afternoon around 5 pm, and it dropped the temp about 20 degrees, but before the sun went down it was back in the high 80s with lots of humidity. It was absolutely miserable. Another short rainstorm early Friday morning, and that's been it for our "break" in the weather.

And as if there's any wonder why my plants have been burned to a crisp, look at this. Remember my walkway gets direct early-morning sun, and at 9 am it was about 80 degrees, but the thermometer read:


Spontaneous combustion, anyone?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home