Monday, November 20, 2006

It's all coming together, my little pretties . . . .

(Sorry, I was channeling the Wicked Witch of the West there for a minute . . . .)

So things are coming together for the Great Thanksgiving Dyeout this weekend. I found a microwave at BestBuy for $15--can you believe that? How can you pass that up--it's a sign from God, I swear.

It looks like some of the supplies I ordered will be here this week, so I should be able to get something done before the weekend's over. I need to get my dye bottles from Dharma Trading at least, because I do have some dyes already, a "Twisted Sister Sock Book" dye kit that I bought a while back. I have a pound of BFL and a half pound of alpaca/silk blend that I can start out with if need be. And I want to redye the silk that I did at the retreat in October--I missed some spots.

I've ordered superwash sock yarn from KnitPicks, a pound of superwash merino fiber from Wool2Dye4, dyes from Artist & Craftsman Supply through Amazon, and the aforementioned bottles from Dharma Trading. I found some chip & dip bowls for dyeing from BirthdayExpress, but now I'm concerned that they're the wrong kind of plastic. Anybody need 10 Halloween spider chip and dip bowls? They were really cheap.

Now all I need is a few miscellaneous things--some cheap trash sacks and tape for protecting the countertops, a couple of buckets to soak stuff in, vinegar, paper towels and bowls for mixing, a drying rack, and some cool roast lifters to keep me from burning myself (I have a tendency to do that a lot). Then I'll be set.

At some point I plan to get a big plastic storage tub to keep all this in, because knowing me, I'll misplace half of it before the year's over with.

My other plans for the weekend are to finish the fiber that I've been spinning (the BFL I dyed at the retreat), and finish my Socktober socks (hey, it's still Fall--I'm considering that still within limits.

And, if I get REALLY crazy and the weather is warm enough, I'd like to scour the fiber that we were given as door prizes at the retreat. It needs a good washing and cleaning.

Sounds like I may need a vacation from my vacation . . . .

Happy Turkey Day, everybody!

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2006 7:03 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I don't have your email addy so came over here to reply *G*. Wow what a fun weekend you are going to have. If you don't get the bottles from Dharma in time, you can get some at Beautyco or some place like that.

Congrats on scoring the chip/dip things. I haven't seen any yet. Maybe I can find some Christmas ones. Will add that to the grocery list LOL.

I get the digest so I just found out about the get together this morning. I can't wait! I had such a good time an it will be fun to see everyone again.

Happy Dyeing time! Oh and your yarn is gorgeous. Good job!

 
At November 28, 2006 10:49 AM, Blogger Missy said...

If you still want to get rid of your spider chip & dip bowls, I know a little boy who likes spiders.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home