Saturday, April 16, 2005

I'm just plum wore down . . . .

Work has just been too busy and I have been too exhausted to get much accomplished. Actually, I haven't really accomplished anything that hasn't had to be done, which means work has received all my attention and home--none. The house is a wreck, I need to take out the trash, and I've finally realized that if I'm going to eat anything other than sandwiches in the evening, it's got to be frozen dinners. Of course, then the remains from the frozen dinners stay on the kitchen counter because I can't drag my happy ass down the stairs to take the trash to the dumpster--so, you get my drift. It's a good thing I live alone.

Koigu Sock #1 is coming along. If I get lucky, it could be finished this weekend; however, seeing as how I really need to put some time into cleaning tomorrow, it's probably not gonna happen. However, I think I am still well within my record for completing one sock, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm dreading this next week. Tuesday, April 19, will be insane here in OKC for many reasons, most of which have to do with the 10th Bombing Memorial, the Arts Festival, a big charity concert Friday night, a Philharmonic concert Friday and Saturday nights (Manhattan Transfer), and the Memorial Marathon on Sunday. Add in thousands of people coming for the Memorial doings (including a sitting Vice President and a former President--there were security and Secret Service vehicles all around the Federal Building on Friday) and the Arts Festival, and downtown will be a madhouse. I went to the 6th Street Post Office on Friday (it's across the street from the Memorial), and they were working on the scaffolding for Tuesday. There were already TV trucks there, and between people coming to the museum and going to mail their taxes, it was a mess. So if you live in the greater OKC area--stay away from downtown on Tuesday. It'll just be easier that way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home